Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation policies covering climate modelling; assessment of climate change risk, exposure and vulnerability; low carbon roadmap; disaster risk reduction; designing MRV tools; Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMA), feasibility assessment of adaptation and mitigation measures – cost benefits, gender, environmental and social safeguard valuation
- Institutional strengthening and capacity building for Ministries, regulators, public sector utilities, private companies on climate change mitigation, adaptation, low carbon development, waste to energy, natural resource conservation and energy efficiency
- Establishment of emissions baseline and reduction of carbon footprint at national, sub-national and organization levels
- Climate financing models evaluation of climate financing tools, preparation of proposals for Green Climate Fund, NAMA, Clean Development Mechanism (CDM), trading of certified emission reductions
Environmental and Social Assessment
Our services are informed by the years of experience in environmental and social assessments – across multiple geographies and sectors. The superset of services which we offer to our Clients are:
- Strategic Environmental and Social Assessments (SESA)
- Project Specific Environmental and Social Impact Assessments
- Cumulative Impact Assessments
- Development of Environmental and Social Monitoring Plan (ESMP)
- Due-diligence for Environmental and Social Risks
- Monitoring of Implementation of Environmental and Social Monitoring Plan
Sustainability Strategy and Reporting
- Identify and prioritise sustainability issues: We have extensive experience across industry sectors on sustainability. Through peer analysis studies and benchmarking we can assist in identifying key issues that matter to your business.
- Establish materiality: Assisting you to map your stakeholders, develop methodologies and tools to engage them and determine through accurate assessment and forecasting, the sustainability issues material to your company and sector.
- Develop and deploy sustainability strategy: Generating, assessing and aligning your sustainability strategy to make your company forward looking on sustainability through demonstrable best practices
- Performance enhancement: Helping you embed sustainability in an innovative way – linking remuneration to sustainability, publishing environmental profit and loss statements, carbon footprinting or integrating financial and non-financial reporting.
Responsible Supply Chain and Traceability
In today's fast-moving, ever-changing world, supply chains present an increasingly complex web of challenges and opportunities.
At PwC, our experts engage with leading companies to develop solutions for sustainable supply chains of tomorrow. We work towards embedding responsible supply chain business practices at the corporate, buyer, and supplier levels.
PwC leads companies addressing supply chain challenges and leveraging responsible sourcing for competitive advantage by identifying, prioritizing and quantifying the environmental and social issues posing risks or opportunities; developing strategies; assessing procurement systems and processes; and evaluating our client’s product portfolio for opportunities.
The concept of responsible investment (RI) is founded on the view that the effective management of environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues is not only the right thing to do, but is also fundamental in creating long-term value. Responsible investors believe that companies that are successful in avoiding ESG risks while capturing ESG opportunities will outperform over the longer term.