The procure-to-pay process is also known as P2P, purchase-to-pay, or request-to-check. It refers to business processes that cover requisitioning, purchasing, confirming, receiving, paying for, and accounting for goods and services. Process Insights Hub brings visibility to the entire end-to-end P2P process and identifies root causes for problems.
- Identify any rework that occurs during the purchasing process which leads to delays
- Find automation rates of process activities and how can they be improved
- Identify accounts payable without the involvement of the purchasing department
- How many orders with the same vendor are processed within one week? Is there any potential to reduce costs by order bundling?
- Find business segments with the biggest improvement potential by analysing across various dimensions, such as vendor, purchasing organisation, currency or PO etc.
Application of Process Insights Hub to manufacturing business is to cover as much end-to-end process as possible, with as much detail as possible. Advanced analysis and filtering functionality allows the human analyst to hide distracting details in order to "see the forest for the trees" and use all the details effectively to find root causes for identified problems.
- Increase performance by measuring key performance indicators from the entry of the production order all the way through the quality inspection, warehousing and delivery and maximise value creation.
- Identify and eliminate waste by targeting issues like bottlenecks and poor production planning. Also identify causes such as downtime, changeovers or employee scheduling, etc.
- Speed up operations by eliminating cross-departmental inefficiencies that harm manufacturing operations by slowing organisational throughput, extending customer response time and creating bottlenecks.
- Reduce costs by finding redundancies and unnecessary tasks that wind up increasing overhead costs
- Restructure processes to better allocate resources, so you spend less, while the process flows better
The Order-to-Cash (OTC) process covers the whole process cycle from handling customer orders to the point where the organisation receives payment from customers
- Provide visibility across the OTC process such as warehousing, delivery, invoicing, and account management for different business units
- Explore how often and why are orders rejected within the process
- How fast are invoices processed after delivery?
- Finding improvement points that are critical for process optimisation
- Increase on-time delivery, locate key regions where payment is on time and monitor the amount of returned goods
- Identify root causes for order changes and check lead-time between process steps
To create an efficient lead-to-order process through Process Insights Hub, which helps in qualifying the leads more effectively and improve lead conversion ratios.
- Get visibility into the actual journey of the leads, implement alerts and actions to reduce sales cycles and increase lead-to-close conversion rates
- Understand which upstream touch points are characteristic of hot leads and implement alerts to deliver them earlier, at a higher priority
- Know which steps in the sales process to automate and which steps need professional sales intervention
- Know which activities and measures have the highest likelihood to lead to conversion
- Avoid aging of promising opportunities be prevented
- Analyse the process flow for lost vs. won opportunities
The central processing of incoming invoices (accounts payable) is a high-volume digital process, which involves almost all departments in an organisation. Process Insights Hub offers the below benefits:
- Discover the root causes of operational inefficiencies
- Set alerts in the procurement process to help you consolidate payments and maximise cash discounts
- Enable AP team to pay exactly on time, and maximise working capital while avoiding late payments
Build an intelligent Account Receivable process through Process Insights Hub, which has the below stated advantages:-
- Maximise on-time cash receipts and optimize the working capital.
- Understand all the permutations of your receivables process–from invoice generation to receipt of payment.
- To check and prioritize which upstream discrepancies cause payment delays
Process Insights Hub helps the IT Service Management function to dive deeper, drilling down to uncover inefficiencies and improve them.:
- Bottleneck identification in major process flows and impact analysis on SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- Resource and team utilisation and opportunities to combine teams
- Identifying automation candidates and figuring out opportunities for self-service/ self-healing solutions to reduce service desk effort
- Performing root cause analysis for frequently re-opened tickets per category, which can help in preventing rework for service desk and improve effectiveness
- Shortening the re-assignment count (e.g. by automatic tagging, improved process) to further reduce the service desk effort and improve SLA adherence.
- Identifying the potential to optimise MTTR (Mean Time To Resolution) and FCR (First Call Resolution)
Process Insights Hub for Talent Management Systems covers several valuable use cases across the Hire to Retire cycle
- Identify deviations from the ideal/defined human resources process flow through Process Insights Hub
- Avoid losing talent due to unsatisfactory processes
- Quantify automation potential by highlighting manual activities and rework the process flow and scope for the RPA
- Reduce throughput time to fill an open position
- Reduce cost per hire by an improved recruiting channel management