For vendors looking at selling off a part of their own business, we provides bespoke solutions to assist you in successfully completing your divestments. VDD is a comprehensive due diligence on the business to be sold or where funds are proposed to be raised. This is commissioned by the vendor (seller) at the beginning of the sale or the fund-raising process. Our specialists look to avoid ‘late surprises’ and risk of value destruction during ‘buy-side’ due diligence. Not too much time is spent on the buyer’s or investor’s due diligence which, in turn, minimises disruption to the vendor's business.
Is this your situation?
- Your company's strategy involves disposing of part of the business, whether through a carve-out of business units, or by the sale of existing entities.
- Your company is in the process of restructuring/re-focusing its activities.
- You want to reposition your portfolio focus on core businesses, or return value to shareholders.
- You have started to feel pressure from financiers as a result of deteriorating financial ratios.
How we can support you
- Provide vendors with greater control over the sale process and the timing of sale.
- Provide purchasers with greater certainty over the nature of the business and its characteristics.
- Help add credibility to the facts, figures and information provided in the sales memorandum.
- Ensure that the vendor retains pace and initiative throughout the sale process.
- Identify of value critical issues early, providing the option to "regroup and fix" outside the glare of publicity.
- Reduce uncertainty risk for finance buyers, potentially justifying higher offers.
- Identify upsides and clearly articulates the value.
- Minimise disruption of business and its management; saves time, cost and aggravation
Vendor assistance is potentially more suitable in situations where the likely purchasers are trade buyers and can be less time consuming than 'full scope' vendor due diligence. The key difference between vendor due diligence and vendor assistance is that the latter is provided for the benefit of the vendor only.