We work closely with various government authorities such as Central Board of Indirect Taxes (CBIC), Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change etc. while assisting our clients in relation to compliance with legislative and regulatory framework under Customs and foreign trade policies.
- In the last Ease of Doing Business Study undertaken by World Bank, India has moved it's ranking to 80 in cross border trade. This has been largely due to various trade facilitation measures undertaken by Indian Customs in terms of Authorised Economic Operator Scheme, Post Clearance Audit, Turrant Customs, SVB guidelines relaxation, Single Window Interface for Trade Facilitation, etc. India is now looking to move to ranking of top 50 countries in terms of cross border trade. PwC as part of outreach to sensitise the trade on two key initiatives of Customs viz. Authorised Economic Operator Scheme and Post Clearance Audit has done multiple client events.
- Advisory assistance in relation to Customs valuation including interaction with Special Valuation Branch of Customs, classification related disputes, license requirements such as for SCOMET items, etc
- Assistance in relation to HSN classification of products based on their functionality and technical description
- Assistance in relation to various import-export procedures including post-import audit and pre-notice consultation process
- Helping Companies obtain certification under Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) programme
- Assistance to Companies in set up/demerger/exit of units located in Special Economic Zone (SEZ), Export Oriented Unit (EOU) etc
- Strategic consultation in relation to investigations conducted by the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence
- Assistance in relation to filing of applications for obtaining export incentives such as Service Exports from India Scheme (SEIS) and Merchandise Exports from India Scheme (MEIS) under the Foreign Trade Policy
- Assistance in Brand rate fixation for claiming duty drawback where all industry rate of drawback is not available
- Obtaining/ Regularisation of various licenses under Advance Authorisation and Export Promotion Capital Goods (EPCG) schemes
- Assistance in undertaking compliances under various Free Trade Agreements of India
- Assistance to various government authorities such as Customs, DGFT and SEZ for developing policies to ensure trade facilitation and ease of doing of business
Click here to read more on AEO Programme and Post-Clearance Audit under Customs